102 Lost & Found
103 Special Notices
150 Help Wanted
155 Drivers Wanted
160 Medical Help
175 Work Wanted
250 Business Services
257 Pressure Washing
267 Tree Work
270 Yard Care
302 Sports Equipment
303 Building Materials
307 Misc. Articles
309 Pets For Sale
317 Yard Sales
318 Wanted To Buy
350 Auction Sales
353 Livestock Sale
401 Room Rentals
403 Apartments Furnished
404 Houses For Rent
406 Mobile Homes For Rent
408 Resort Rentals
450 Business Rentals
452 Office Rentals
453 Warehouse Rentals
500 Homes For Sale
501 Mobile Homes/Sale
503 Lots For Sale
504 Acreage For Sale
505 Timber Wanted
507 Investment Property
509 Cemetery Lots
553 Money To Lend
602 Trucks For Sale
608 Autos For Sale
Sealed bids will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 20th, 2014 by the City of Martinsville, Virginia to contract with a firm the purchase of repairs to the Waste Water Treatment Plant Sludge Building Roof, for more information contact the Purchasing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. To download a copy of the bid documents please visit the Citys website at http://www.martinsville-va.gov/Bid-Documents.html. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, to waive any informalities, and to award this bid as determined to be in the best interest of the City. The City of Martinsville is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Small, minority, and women-owned firms are encouraged to submit bids.
STUART FIRE STATION
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALSThe Town of Stuart is seeking architectural and engineering services for a new fire station.
ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES
Project Description. The Town of Stuart Fire Department, an all-volunteer agency, is currently housed in a station building located on Patrick Avenue adjacent to the Stuart Town Office. The Fire Department has recently acquired a parcel of property fronting Commerce Street for development of a new fire station.
The Town is seeking architectural and engineering services related to the new fire station. It is anticipated that the project would be completed in two phases. The first phase would involve design/bidding/construction of initial site improvements for the new station building. The second phase would involve design/bidding/construction of the station building and finished site improvements. The selected firm will be asked to assist the Town in its efforts to secure funding to complete the project. A Preliminary Architectural Report has not yet been completed for the project.
Scope of Services. The services needed for this project include:
1) Prepare a Preliminary Architectural Report for the Project to determine the facility needs and anticipated costs.
2) Assist the Town in preparing funding application(s) for funds to complete the Project.
3) Provide bidding services.
4) Provide construction administration services.
5) Provide periodic inspection services during construction improvements.
6) Other related professional services as requested by the Town.
Selection Criteria. Proposal will be evaluated on the following criteria:
1) Related Experience: Provide descriptions of similar projects with reference contact information.
2) Qualification of the Individuals to Provide Services: Provide resumes of each individual and or team assigned and directly involved with this project, highlighting their qualification for this job.
3) Current and Projected Workloads: Address each persons availability to be assigned to this project throughout the implementation process.
4) Proximity to the Project: Provide information on the proximity of the project members to the project site and the ability to have ready access to the project site.
5) Proposed Approach for Implementation of Project: Provide a narrative as to how your firm proposes to work with the Town of Stuart to complete the Project. Provide a detailed timeline with completion schedules.
6) Costs: The Town of Stuart will negotiate the project design fee. However, please provide the typical hourly rates for the different levels of professional services provided as part of this RFP and project.
Selection Process. A Selection Committee appointed by the Town of Stuart will review and rank proposal received from each firm. After each firm has been evaluated individually by each member of the Selection Committee, they will be totaled in aggregate and ranked in priority order. If the Town determines that one firm is more qualified than all others based upon review of the Proposals, the Town may begin contract negotiations with that firm without having subsequent interviews. The Committee may invite firms for an interview. Following the interview process, the Town will finalize the ranking, and will subsequently enter into negotiations to determine a scope of services and fees for said services. If a contract cannot be successfully negotiated with the top-ranked firm, the Town will negotiate with the second-ranked firm and so on until a contract has been successfully negotiated.
Submittal of Proposals. The Town of Stuart will be accepting written responses to its Request for Proposal for Architectural services until
5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 20, 2014, at the Town of Stuart Town Office, located at 100 Patrick
Responders shall submit three (3) copies of the proposal to the address listed above. Each responder is cautioned not to submit responses in any other manner than that listed above. Any contract or submittal that does not follow the above instructions will be rejected. Proposals should be prepared simply and economically, providing a straightforward, concise description of the responders ability to meet the requirements of the RFP, keeping the number of pages to a minimum. Emphasis should be on completeness and clarity of content.
The Town of Stuart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. Minority and female-owned firms are encouraged to participate. The Town of Stuart reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to negotiate with the most responsive responder in the best interest of the Town.